Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Reflective Post

Through out this semester of my EME2040 course I've struggled a little. I think this is a very interesting class for future teachers. Before I had no idea how much technology is in the classroom. I found this class a bit difficult because its learning about technology online, I am more of a hands on person. 



However I enjoyed many of the assignments. The discussions were interesting because you get to communicate with the other students and discuss some of the social issues schools have with technology. Stating your opinion and what you learned and the reading another persons opinion or comments they had may open you eyes more. The wiki page was another collaborative project, this one I struggled with because I could not figure out the set up of it. I found it difficult to create my wiki page and make a collaborative page with the others. The lesson plan however I found it easier to communicate with the others and when we all had separate responsibilities the final project came together very well. When working on the Rubric I learned that there are many online sources that can help make a rubric for student projects. Such as Rubistar for teachers. Another project I enjoyed was the WebQuest, it was like an online lesson plan. This was very interesting to me because i knew of sites like this where the students can visit and go through an educational lesson. However I was unaware that the teachers can make the page and relate them to their lessons for in class and out of class. One of my favorite projects in this class was the E-portfolio, I feel like there was a lot to this project and because it was about the over all projects of the class i enjoyed going through and showing my progress. This project made me think about how teachers can communicate with parents and show them what the teacher is doing in class. Finally this blog I really enjoyed because you get to voice your opinion similar to the discussions. Many of the blog posts were reflections of the textbook chapters. I found the textbook very helpful for this class, because the class was so technical with the online tasks the book was very descriptive and informative about the technology teachers use. 

Photo credits to EdTechReview

Although I found this class a bit difficult I also found it an eye opener. This class made me rethink if i wanted to become a future teacher. I realized there is a lot more to teaching today than when I was in school. Between technology and social issues teachers have to worry about everything. They have to put all of their time and effort into making sure that each student can understand the lesson or has the right technology tools to complete their work. I plan to continue my education to be a future teacher, realizing that even thought I may struggle in the end it will be worth it for my students to learn the most that they can. 

New Teacher Survival Guide: Technology in the Classroom. (n.d.). Retrieved May 03, 2016, from https://www.teachingchannel.org/videos/technology-in-the-classroom#


Integrating Mobile Technology into the Classroom. (n.d.). Retrieved May 03, 2016, from http://edtechreview.in/trends-insights/insights/330-mobile-technology-in-classroom

Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment